Monday, June 13, 2011

The Barthel Residence up for sale

When the Architect and I were looking for our MCM we happened upon this enclave of homes on Capri Court. This house was designed by local Dallas architect John E. Barthel as a home for himself and has been the sole owner of the home.

If I could sell my house tomorrow, I would definitely be putting in a bid for this house. This house is in original mint condition and a perfect party house. It is on the market for $425,000.00, which is a bit high for the area and what Dallas County Appraisal District has valued the home at ($239,770). But give the uniqueness of the house and all the original details, there may be a few folks who might be willing to pay a bit more but maybe not that much.

Local MCM real estate expert Ed Murchison is the listing agent. You can contact him here.

See more pictures of the Barthel Residence here.

Image credit: midcenturymoderndallashomes.com

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I grew up down the street from this house and have coveted it for the last 40 years. Lucky is the person who buys this gem. I hope they keep it the way it is!

Richard said...

Like the blog good stuff.